At Wagler Steel we manufacture one type of metal panel.
Our original Wagler Panel is a galvalume panel that looks great on residential, commercial, and agricultural buildings. The advanced loc system provides great protection from the elements.
- Color Chart 2020 (contact us for a physical color chart or actual metal chips)
- Weather XL 40 Year Warranty
- Sherwin WIlliams (formerly Valspar) Weather XL paint system Learn more about Sherwin Williams Coil Coatings
- Crinkle finish now available in 7 colors
- 28 gauge Galvalume*
- Manufactured in Paradise, PA
- Cut to length
- Installation Guide for the Wagler Panel
What is Galvalume metal?
It is an alloy which contains 55% aluminum, 45% zinc, and a small part of silicon.
What is better? Galvalume or Galvanized.
We elected to sell Galvalume metal for several reasons.
- Galvalume coated metal is an excellent choice because it combines the great barrier corrosion protection of Aluminum with the galvanic protection of Zinc. This coating lasts a long time and provides excellent edge rust protection. According to US Steel Corporation website, Galvalume is the preferred product in the industry and outlasts galvanized coating of equal thickness.
- Galvalume panels will show less edge rust than galvanized over a 30-40 year period.
- When scratched down to bare metal, Galvalume metal will show a bead of rust quickly, but the ZnAl alloy will keep the rust from spreading.
- Bare Acrylic coated Galvalume carries a 25 yr. warranty and should last a good 40+ years.
- Galvalume metal maintains a brighter surface appearance when exposed to most atmospheres, according to US Steel.
- Galvalume is projected to outlast G90 Galvanized by 9 times. G100 will add approximately 11% more life to G90, but Galvalume will last 4-9 times longer than G90.
- Remember that neither substrate will carry a warranty if used in animal confinement (hog or chicken barns).
- When comparing the cost and life of Galvalume to G100, Galvalume is the longer lasting and more economical choice.
*GALVALUME® is an internationally registered trademark of BIEC International Inc. and some of its licensed producers.